Plaited Breakfast BreadPrint This
- 1 batch basic enriched dough (see recipe here)
- 50g PnP Pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g PnP Almonds, roughly chopped
- 150g PnP Turkish Fig, chopped
- 1 egg
- 20g PnP Flaked Almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll the basic dough out and sprinkle with pistachio nuts, almonds and fig. Fold the dough to enclose the filling and knead until the nuts and figs are well combined.
- Divide the dough in 3 pieces. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll each piece in a 30 cm long rope.
- Pinch the ends of the dough together, tuck the pinched end under the loaf. Plait the dough using the 3 strands.
- Pinch the ends together and tuck them on the bread. Place the bread on the baking tray and leave to rise for 20 minutes or until puffy.
- Whisk the egg with a pinch of salt. Brush the bread with the egg wash and sprinkle with flaked almonds. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.