- 1 large free-range chicken, jointed into 6 to 8 pieces
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 5tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 segments
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 6 to 8 sausages (use boerewors)
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1 lemon, cut into 4
- few sprigs of rosemary, plus 1tbsp chopped
- 800g potatoes, chopped into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Mix the chicken, mustard, oil, onion, lemon zest and juice together and set aside while you prepare all the other ingredients. Let the mixture marinate for an hour or two if you have the time to spare.
- Pour the chicken mix – skin side up – into a large roasting tin along with the remaining ingredients and stir together to coat everything in the oil. Place into the oven and roast, turning once or twice for 1 hour 15 minutes or until everything is cooked and golden. Serve with a vitamin-rich green vegetable.
Passionate digital editor, social media manager and journalist. She gets excited about new trends in the digital industry and as a career-obsessed young woman, she is always ready to learn something new. To take a break from digital, she loves reading hard copy books and magazines. If she’s not working, you’ll find her in a yoga class or running a half marathon. And afterwards with a glass of champagne, of course.