- 325g plain flour
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tbsp ground cinnamon
- 300g unrefined caster sugar
- 300ml light vegetable oil or other flavourless oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 100g each chopped walnuts, desiccated coconut and sultanas
- 300g carrots, grated
- 250g tinned pineapple chunks, drained and puréed
- For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 280g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 100g butter, softened
- 100g icing sugar, sifted
- You Will Need:
- 24 muffin cases and 2 x 12-hole muffin tins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat, then stir in the nuts, coconut, sultanas, carrots and pineapple. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes in their tins.
- For the icing, beat half the cream cheese with the butter and sugar until combined then add the rest of the cream cheese. Refrigerate until required.
- Fill a piping bag with your icing mixture and pipe swirls on to of each cupcake to finish, or simply spoon over the top.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.