Looking for a light and healthy weekend meal? You’ll enjoy these marinated mushrooms with cowpeas from Knorr.
- 250ml Knorr French Vinaigrette
- 250ml water
- 350g mixed exotic mushrooms, sliced
- 350g dried cowpeas
- handful each fresh thyme and parsley, chopped
- Combine the Knorr French Vinaigrette with the water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme, then remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mushrooms to sit in the marinade for a few hours.
- In the meantime, cook the cowpeas according to packet instructions, and drain. Once the mushrooms have cooled down, add the chopped parsley and serve tossed through with the cooked cowpeas.
Knorr Top Tip: For a breakfast with a difference, mix a tablespoon of Knorr French Vinaigrette into hummus, spread generously over rye toast, and top with sliced avocado and a poached egg.