- 2 x 400g tin green lentils
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tbsp
- 100g pancetta
- 450g large flat mushrooms or porcini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sugar
- 8 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g rocket leaves
- Drain and rinse the lentils and place in a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan and cook the pancetta until golden and crisp. Add the mushrooms to the pan along with the garlic and fry for 5 minutes until soft and golden. Transfer to the lentils bowl.
- Keeping the pan over a low heat pour in the vinegar and sugar and stir until dissolved. Add the oil and tomatoes and warm through. Pour into the lentil bowl and toss to coat.
- Gently fold through the spring onions, parsley and rocket to serve.
Top tip: There are a few different lentil varieties available which could be used instead of the green lentils.