Jerk chicken seasoning is aromatic and spicy, and works fantastically with pineapple’s sweetness. Serve with sweet potato wedges for a taste explosion.
- For The Chicken:
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, skin left on
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Jerk seasoning (use only 1 if you don't like things too spicy)
- For The Salsa:
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 300g fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200 C, gas 6. Make salsa first. Combine all the ingredients and season generously. Leave to marinate while you prepare the chicken.
- Toss the chicken breasts with the garlic cloves, olive oil and seasoning. Coat the sweet potatoes in the olive oil, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes, until soft and beginning to caramelise. After 10 minutes, add the chicken breasts in a separate roasting tin.
- When the chicken is cooked, serve immediately with the sweet potato wedges, salsa and a green salad, if you like. You can marinate the chicken and make the salsa up to 24 hours ahead.