Jason Whitehead's Spinach-wrapped Lamb KidneysPrint This
- 4 large spinach leaves, vein intact
- 8 free-range lamb kidneys 60 ml
- (4 Tbsp) Greek lamb marinade
- Salt and pepper 4 skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Give the spinach leaves a good wash, then pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Halve the kidneys and snip out the white core. Soak the kidneys in milk for 30 minutes to make the taste of them a little milder. Remove from the milk and pat dry.
- Place four halves in each spinach leaf, add 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Greek lamb marinade, season with some salt and pepper, then start ‘wrapping’ the spinach leaf around the kidneys like a birthday present.
- To keep it properly wrapped, stick a skewer through the middle. Braai for about 20 minutes, turning the parcels regularly.
- Serve the presents in their wrapping and devour.