This high-fibre rhubarb crumble is fab comfort food and ready in only 45 minutes!
If you’re following our 2+1 Diet, this dessert is allowed – but stick to only two in a week. Also try…
- 1 meringue nest with 40g fruit and 1tbsp cultured soya
- A small pastry tart case filled with strawberries set in jelly
- 1 chocolate cluster – a healthier version of a cornflake cake, made using low-sugar muesli and high-cocoa solid chocolate
- 1 plain soya yoghurt with berries
- 800g rhubarb, roughly chopped
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g golden castor sugar
- 35g wholemeal flour
- 2tbsp rolled oats pinch of salt
- 100g unsalted butter, cubed
- 50g each pecan halves and almonds, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the rhubarb in a medium ovenproof dish, then sprinkle with the cinnamon, vanilla extract, and half the sugar. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, oats and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter, then stir in the nuts and remaining sugar.
- Stir the rhubarb and top with the crumble mixture. Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.