- 1 large free-range roasting chicken, jointed (get your butcher to do this or buy chicken pieces)
- large handful flat-leaf parsley
- small bunch each: oregano, lemon thyme
- 200ml white wine
- zest 1 lemon (keep the juice for serving)
- 5 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 3tbsp olive oil
- Make a few slashes in the chicken pieces to help the marinade penetrate the flesh. Put the chicken into a non-metallic dish or a large ziplock bag. Pick the herbs then roughly chop. Mix them with the wine, lemon zest, garlic and oil with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the marinade with the chicken, pushing it into the slashes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. You can either barbecue the chicken or roast it at 200 C for 25 to 30 minutes. Ideally, roast it and then finish off on the barbecue to get that lovely charred flavour. Serve with a squeeze of lemon – it’s delicious with a Chorizo and pasta salad.