Fresh and zingy, this has plenty of flavour and is ready in 30 mins.
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 × 250 g mixed grain pouch
- 80 g watercress
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 50 g pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 70 g pomegranate seeds
- Small bunch fresh mint
- For the dressing:
- 80 g tahini
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Zest and juice 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the chicken and stock cube, cover with water and poach on a medium heat for 10–12 mins. Remove from the heat and take the chicken out of the water. Once cooled, shred and set aside.
2 Heat the grains then add to a large bowl. Toss through the chicken, watercress, cucumber and feta, then season to taste.
3 Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Mix through the chicken salad and add to a large serving plate.
4 Top the salad with pistachios, pomegranate seeds and fresh mint leaves.