What’s not to like about this delicious trio of brownies, ice cream and raspberries? Try this recipe and let us know what you think.
- ½tsp sea salt
- 225g (8oz) caramel
- 1 litre (1¾pt) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 225g (8oz) unsalted butter
- 275g (9½oz) dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
- 400g (14oz) caster sugar
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 5 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g (7oz) plain flour, sifted
- 75g (3oz) hazelnuts, chopped
- 200g (7oz) raspberries, to serve
- you will need
- 22x32cm (8¾x12½in) deep baking tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. For the ice cream; stir the salt into the caramel, ripple the caramel through the ice cream then transfer to a container and freeze.
- For the brownies, melt the butter and chocolate in a pan, then stir in the sugar and vanilla, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Gradually whisk the eggs into the chocolate mix. With the whisk, fold in the flour, hazelnuts and a pinch of salt until smooth. Remove the mix to the tin and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with the ice cream and raspberries - you'll have brownies left over.