Hazelnut & Banana PancakesPrint This
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp (120 ml) almond milk or other nut milk
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1⁄ 4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 cup (100 g) ground hazelnuts, activated
- 1 1⁄ 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Coconut oil or ghee, for cooking, plus more to serve
- 2 bananas, sliced
- To Serve
- Raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh fruit, such as berries and sliced stone fruit
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Coconut cream
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes, or until frothy. Mix in the almond milk, honey, and vanilla powder.
- In a larger bowl, combine the ground hazelnuts, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients until the coconut flour is fully incorporated.
- Grease a large frying pan with a little coconut oil and heat over medium heat. Ladle a few tbsp of the batter into the pan for each pancake, spread out slightly with the back of a spoon, and add some sliced banana. The pancakes should be about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes, until the top dries out slightly and the bottom starts to brown. Flip and cook for an additional 40 seconds, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot with ghee; a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if using; and a squeeze of lemon juice, accompanied by fresh fruit, toasted coconut flakes, and coconut cream.
Extracted from The Paleo Chef by Pete Evans