Gluten-free bread that’s crumbly and moist is the holy grail if your intolerant. Use soya milk and omit Parmesan to make this gluten-free olive and rosemary loaf dairy-free too.
- 200g gluten-free white bread flour
- 1tbsp gluten-free baking powder
- 284ml buttermilk or soya milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 25g green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1tsp chopped rosemary leaves, plus 1 sprig, leaves removed
- 2tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- You Will Need:
- 900g loaf tin, greased and lined with baking parchment
- You will need:
- 900g loaf tin, greased and lined with baking paper
- Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Put the flour, 1tbsp salt and the baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the buttermilk, eggs and oil and mix with the dough hook or beater, to make a smooth batter
- Add the olives, chopped rosemary and 1tbsp Parmesan (omit if baking dairy-free). Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle over the rosemary leaves and remaining Parmesan. Bake for 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.