In Celebrate with Lorna Maseko, former professional ballet dancer and well-known TV personality, Lorna Maseko shares her food journey in a love letter to the reader. This summertime gin-and-tonic and mint-grapefruit popsicles recipe is taken from her beautiful cookbook.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 250ml gin (Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla preferable, but any gin should work)
- 1½ cups tonic water (flat)
- 1 cup grapefruit juice (keep the broken segments of the grapefruit for garnish, remove the skin)
- Handful of mint leaves
- Heat the water and sugar together on a stove top until the sugar dissolves. Allow the syrup to cool – place it in an ice bowl to speed up the process.
- Once cool, add the gin, tonic and grapefruit juice to the bowl and stir. Place a segment of grapefruit as well as some mint leaves into each popsicle mould, pour in the gin mixture and freeze overnight.
- Refreshing on a lovely summer’s day!