- 6 cups (1.5L) pressed watermelon chunks
- 1 bunch mint, tough stems removed, 6 sprigs reserved for serving
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) castor sugar
- 3 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (250ml) Havana Club Rum
- For serving:
- 2 cups (500ml) watermelon chunks, cubed
- Fresh berries and extra mint for setting in ice cubes
- Make ice cubes the night before - pour water into ice trays and fill with sliced berries and watermelon and mint. Freeze overnight.
- Pour watermelon into a blender in batches and puree into juice.
- Pour watermelon juice through a fine-mesh sieve into a liquid-measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- In a large container, combine mint, sugar, and lime. With the back of a wooden spoon, crush mint and lime until sugar is dissolved and oils from the citrus peel have released.
- Add watermelon juice and rum, fill container with ice, and stir to combine.
- Serve over more fruit frozen ice, watermelon chunks, lime and mint sprigs.
Feature Image: Pexels