- 4 crumpets (or flapjacks)
- 2 large free range eggs
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5ml) vegetable oil
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- To Serve:
- 2 tbsp (30ml) maple syrup
- Lightly whisk the eggs and cinnamon in a bowl then add the crumpets, turning a few times to coat. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over a medium/high heat in a large frying pan and add the streaky bacon. Heat for a few minutes on each side until crisp.
- Push the bacon to one side of the pan and add the crumpets. Cook for 2 mins on each side until golden.
- Serve the crumpets topped with the bacon rashers and drizzle with the maple syrup.
Leave the crumpets to soak up the egg & cinnamon over night in the fridge.