This rice bowl with prawns and broccoli is a healthy and filling dish with a zingy dressing. Wholegrain rice, green leafy broccoli, and low-fat prawns make this meal so nutritious as well as delicious.
A rice bowl is a great idea for a quick and easy dinner, and leftovers are perfect for your lunchbox the next day. If you don’t like too much spice, you can reduce or omit the fresh red chilli, but we love the fiery kick it adds.
Try making this low fat and protein packed rice bowl for a speedy but healthy midweek meal. To make a veggie alternative, you could used cubes of firm tofu instead of prawns, and to make this dish vegan friendly, also swap the honey for maple syrup.
- A little oil, for frying
- 300g raw king prawns
- 400g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 250g pouch microwave wholegrain rice
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- For The Dressing:
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Heat the oil and cook the prawns until pink and cooked through. Steam the broccoli and beans until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice pouch in the microwave, this usually takes around 2 minutes, but check the package instructions.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Toss the broccoli, beans and rice in the dressing and sesame seeds, top with the prawns, then scatter over the chopped chilli.
This recipe originated on womanandhome.com
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.