We filled these chocolate shortbread biscuits with a rich ganache that make them super creamy.
- 100g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- For The Filling:
- 50g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla essence
- For The Ganache Filling:
- 100g plain chocolate, broken up
- 50g butter
- 100ml double cream
- Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and creamy. Ad the flour and drinking chocolate or cocoa powder, it will make a soft dough. Bring the dough together with your hands then roll into about 12 balls.
- Place the balls of dough onto 2 ungreased baking trays, allowing room for them to spread when baked, and flatten each slightly with a fork.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. Then leave to cool on the tray.
- Meanwhile, make the icing. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of just simmering water. Stir until smooth, then beat in the cream. Cool slightly and use to sandwich the cooled biscuits
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.