- For The Brownies:
- 125g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 75g plain flour, sifted
- ¼tsp sea salt flakes (we like Maldon)
- For The Ganache Topping:
- 100ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Chocolate Hearts
You will need 24-hole mini cupcake tray and cases.
- Heat the oven to 180 C, gas 4. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large saucepan over a low heat. When completely melted, stir in the sugar, then the eggs one by one. Fold in the flour and salt, then spoon into the cupcake cases so they’re nearly full, and bake in the centre of the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While they’re cooling, heat the cream and icing sugar together until steaming, allow to sit off the heat for a minute, then tip in the chocolate. Leave without stirring for 2 minutes, then stir to combine into a thick ganache. Leave to cool. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe swirls on to the brownies at once before it sets. Decorate with hearts.