Make chicken goujons like a pro with this Thai-spiced chicken goujon recipe. They’re chicken goujons with a fiery kick for those who enjoy oriental food.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 level tbsp Thai spice seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g plain flour
- 150ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- Lime wedges to serve
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthways into five or six strips.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, lime zest and Thai spice seasoning together and place on a large plate. Place the beaten eggs in a large dish and the flour on a third plate ready to coat the chicken. Dip the chicken strips in the flour, dusting off any excess, then dip in the egg and finally the breadcrumbs until they are all evenly coated. The chicken can be prepared up to this stage a day in advance.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until hot but not smoking, add several chicken strips, being careful not to overcrowd the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until crisp and the chicken is cooked through. Place on a tray lined with kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven whilst you cook the remaining chicken. Serve on warmed plates with wedges of lime to squeeze over the top and the steamed greens on the side.