ALSO TRY: Spiced Banana Bread Recipe
- 150g plain flour
- 150g wholewheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, broken into pieces and roughly chopped
- 60g brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, very soft, plus a little extra for greasing
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 4 medium overripe bananas, mashed almost to a puree
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Gas Mark 4 and grease a loaf tin with a little butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate and Brazil nuts and briefly mix together until evenly distributed and coated in flour.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a hand whisk or food mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the buttermilk, vanilla and almond extracts and finally the mashed bananas.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Using a large spoon, mix everything together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and cook in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.