This mince recipe is so full of spice and flavour that you’ll not forget it in a hurry. It’s a great one to try at the weekend if you want a Saturday night treat that the whole family will love.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 750g mince beef
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tomato passata
- ½tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½tbsp caster sugar
- 200g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 small handful coriander, chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
- To Serve:
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped, tossed in the juice and zest 1 lime
- 300ml soured cream
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion until browned. Add the garlic, chilli, paprika, ground cumin and ground coriander, and cook for 1 minute. Add the mince to the pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the tomato purée, passata, Worcestershire sauce and sugar to the pan, mix to combine then leave to simmer for 1 hour. Season to taste.
- Mix the cheese with the chopped coriander and set aside. Place a quarter of the mince mixture on to one of the tortillas, spread close to the edges, sprinkle over an even layer of the cheese mixture then top with another tortilla. Press down to compact it, then move to a hot griddle pan or barbecue and cook for 1 or 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges and serve immediately, with the avocados, soured cream and lime wedges.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.