If you’re in the mood for a Mexican night but aren’t sure where to start, this easy quesadilla and butternut squash recipe is a perfect introduction to Mexican cuisine. It really packs a punch when it comes to flavour.
- 500g butternut squash, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped olives
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 corn flour tortillas
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ pack fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 125g (mozzarella, torn
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salad, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Toss the butternut with the red pepper, chilli, olives and paprika. Place on a baking tray, drizzle over the oil and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and spoon over a third of the butternut squash mix. Scatter over some of the spring onions, coriander and both cheeses.
- Cover with another tortilla and heat for 1 ½ minutes before carefully flipping over and frying for a further 1 ½ minutes. Chop into wedges and serve with salad.
Top Tip for making Chilli and Butternut Squash Quesadillas: The great thing about quesadillas is you can fill them with any kind of vegetables or cheese so use up what you have in the fridge.