- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless (about 800g)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cucumber, halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 12 spring onions, sliced
- 50g coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- For The Tahini Dressing:
- 130g houmous
- 3tbsp tahini
- 3tbsp natural yoghurt
- A good squeeze of lemon juice
- 4-5tbsp water
- For The Marinade:
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp sumac
- 1tsp ras el hanout
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients with plenty of sea salt and pepper, then add the chicken. Coat well, then cover with clingfilm and set aside in the fridge or a minimum of 4 hours to marinate – overnight is even better.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Make the dressing: in a bowl, mix together the houmous, tahini, yoghurt and lemon juice. Loosen with enough of the water to create a loose consistency. Season to taste and set aside.
- Heat a griddle plan over a high heat until really hot. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and griddle in 2 batches until an even, dark golden brown. Transfer to a large roasting tin and finish off in the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked evenly all the way through.
- In a large serving bowl, toss together the cucumber, spring onions and coriander. shred the cooked chicken with your hands and squeeze over the lemon juice. Top the coriander salad with the shredded chicken and pour over the creamy tahini dressing.
Top Tip: This recipe is fab for an easy work lunch the day after you've made it. Use any leftovers as a filling in a wrap with crunchy lettuce.