- ½tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 850g cauliflower florets, roughly chopped
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 50g Parmesan, finely grated
- fresh thyme and extra Parmesan, to serve, if you like
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat; cook the onion until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and coriander and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower, stock and thyme to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Set aside to cool slightly; remove the thyme sprigs then purée using a stick blender. To serve, add the Parmesan, season well and heat through for 2 to 3 minutes.