- 1 corn on the cob
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 200g raw king prawns
- 2tbsp Mexican spice mix
- 250g rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Lime, chilli and coriander, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking. Char the corn on all sides until cooked and slightly blackened. Remove from the heat and slice the corn from the cob with a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Bring a large frying pan to a medium high heat. Add the oil and cook the prawns for around five minutes, until just pink. Add the spice mix and cook for a further minute.
- Cook the rice in the microwave according to pack instructions.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves, avocado and sweet corn in bowls. Add the rice and the prawns and garnish with lime, chilli and coriander to serve.
As the food and decor editor of Woman&Home, Claire enjoys nothing more than eating great food in beautiful locations. In a perfect world, she would travel for a living and have a Lord of the Rings marathon every weekend.