These buckwheat pancakes with chocolate and Nutella make for a super indulgent brunch.
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tbsp sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 284ml carton buttermilk
- 60ml milk
- 60g butter, melted
- 140g dark chocolate, melted
- 4tbsp golden syrup
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 140g Nutella
- Few scoops ice cream
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and sugar. Make a well in the centre and crack in the egg, then pour in the buttermilk and milk. Whisk to form a smooth batter.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Pour this into the pancake mixture and stir. Fry large spoonfuls of the mixture for 1-2 mins each side.
- Mix together the melted chocolate and golden syrup. Layer the pancakes with the chocolate sauce, whipped cream, Nutella, ice cream and hazelnuts.
For a savoury twist, try mixing finely grated beetroot into the batter and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.