If you’re looking for a new mince recipe, give this back-eyed bean and beef chilli dish a try. You’ll find yourself loving the aromatic flavours!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp chilli powder
- 2tbsp milk
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh coriander, grated Cheddar cheese, guacamole and sour cream, to serve
- Heat a large saucepan. Add the oil and onion and fry until soft. Add the mince, season it and brown all over. Add the cinnamon and chilli powder and cook out for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the milk, then add the peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes then add the tomatoes and beans. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and simmer for a further 40 minutes, stirring every so often. Check the seasoning and serve in bowls with the coriander and Cheddar sprinkled on top, and the sour cream and guacamole on the side.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.