For a hearty mince recipe the whole family will enjoy, you can’t go wrong with a classic beef lasagne.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 100ml Chianti or full bodied red wine
- 350g beef mince
- 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6-8 sheets lasagne
- 700ml white béchamel sauce (Woolworths)
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- 50g Cheddar, grated
- Heat the oven to 190C/Gas 5. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Add the courgettes and cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the garlic and tomato purée and cook for 1 min until fragrant. Add the beef mince and cook until browned all over.
- Pour the wine into the pan and bubble for 3 minutes until reduced by half. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, thyme and parsley, stir well and gently simmer for 10 mins until thickened slightly.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture into the bottom of a 1 litre ovenproof dish followed by lasagne sheets and half the white sauce. Repeat the process with another layer of beef, lasagne sheets then top with the remaining white sauce. Sprinkle over the cheeses and bake for 40 minutes until golden, bubbling and the pasta is tender when tested with a knife.