This all-in-one speedy chocolate cake is so easy to make, it’s super light and even a real novice baker can make it. It’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Video: How to make all-in-one chocolate cake
- 225g butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2tbsp milk
- For The Filling:
- 200ml double cream
- 2tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 2tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- Cocoa powder and sugar flowers, to serve
- You Will Need:
- 2 x 20cm round cake tins, oiled and lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 190C, gas 5. Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until combined. Divide between the 2 tins and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 20 minutes, until springy to the touch. Cool for 5 minutes in the tins then turn out onto a wire rack.
- For the filling, lightly whip the cream with the icing sugar then whisk in the cocoa. Use to sandwich the cooled cakes then dust liberally with cocoa powder and add some sugar flowers.