According to our fashion team, hats are this season’s must-have, and we just love the look of a slouchy beanie.
Perfect for chilly days, or just for covering up a bad hair day, a slouchy beanie will soon become your go-to winter accessory.
We’ve found a simple, beautiful, slouchy beanie knitting pattern from African Expressions for you to try.
It’s the perfect weekend project!
- 2 Hanks (balls) EXPRESS YOURSELF INSPIRE 100g
- Colour – Ecru
- 8mm Knitting needles
- 10mm Knitting needles
- Cable needle
- 10sts x 15rows = 10cm in stocking stitch.
- To fit average adult head, 55cm – 60cm.
- beg – begin(ing)
- c4f – slip 2sts onto cable needle, hold at front of work, k2 sts from left hand needle then 2sts from the cable needle
dec – decrease inc – increase
- k – knit
- kib – knit into the row below the needle
- n(s) – needle(s)
- p – purl
- patt – pattern
- rem – remaining
- R(W)SF – right (wrong) side facing rep – repeat
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- tog – together
- Using 8mm ns cast on 58(66)sts.
- 1st Row: P2*(k6, p2) to end.
- 2nd & 4th Row: K2*(p6, k2) to end.
- 3rd Row: P2*(c4f, p2) to end. Rep these 4 rows 2 times more.
- Next Row: K inc 19(11)sts evenly across the row.
- K2 more rows, change to 10mm ns.
- Next Row: WSF, k.
- Next Row: RSF, k1, p1*(kib, p1) to last st k1. These 2 rows form the english fisherman’s rib pattern. Rep these 2 rows until work measures 18cm from beg, end with a RS row.
- 1st Row: (Dec row) *(k5, k3 tog) rep to last 5sts, k5. Work 3 rows in patt.
- 2nd Row: (Dec row)*(k3, k3 tog) rep to last 5sts, k3, k2tog. Work 5 rows in patt.
- 3rd Row: (Dec row) k3*(k3 tog, k1) to last 5sts, k3tog, k2. Work 3 rows in patt.
- 4th Row: (Dec row) P2tog to the end of row.
- 5th Row: (Dec row) K1*(k2tog) to end
For more patterns, visit the African Expressions website.
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.