A potential haven for nasty bacteria, your fridge should always be kept spotless.
Luckily we’ve found 6 quick and simple ways to keep your fridge clean, and your food safe.
How do I clean my fridge?
1. First, remove all food from the fridge, including sealed containers and jars. Not only does it prevent the possibility of contamination, but it allows you to reach into every corner and find every stain.
2. Take out all drawers, shelves and other removable parts. Soak them in warm water, before washing them thoroughly with dishwashing liquid.
3. Baking soda is an effective stain-remover. Mix a little of this magic powder with water to form a paste and apply it to any affected areas. Leave for about an hour and then wipe away with a damp cloth.
4. Clean the interior of your fridge with a combination of warm water and dishwashing liquid. Be sure to use a cloth or sponge that won’t leave fibres or particles behind.
5. Look through your food and throw away any products that may have expired. If any items are open, seal them in airtight containers so they stay fresh. Always keep ready-to-eat foods on the top shelves (such as leftovers and dairy products).
Raw meat and poultry should be stored in airtight containers at the bottom of the fridge so they don’t drip onto other foods or contaminate them. Fruit and vegetables can be kept in drawers at the bottom of your fridge.
6. Lastly, fill a small plastic container with baking soda and store this at the bottom of your fridge. It will absorb the strong odours and keep your new clean fridge smelling fresh.