A handbag is a gorgeous investment piece but often takes the biggest hit from everyday use.
Here are 6 simple tricks to protect your favourite accessory from stains and scuff marks:
- Keep liquids, such as make-up and creams in a separate bag inside your handbag to avoid spillage on the lining.
- Always put pens in a penholder and be careful with a pen in your hand. Pen marks generally don’t come out, so it is best to avoid them all together.
- When placing your bag in the car, ensure that it is in a secure place. You don’t want it to fall over and roll around as it causes scuff marks and can potentially damage the leather.
- Avoid placing your handbag on the floor – even though good bags mostly have studs protecting the bottom, the floor is still an unfriendly place for handbags to be placed, as it may be stood on or kicked over.
- Ensure that your hands are clean when holding your bag. Sweat, cream and natural oils can cause the handles to go darker over time.
- Dark coloured clothing, such as dark jeans, sometimes gives off dye. Be careful, especially with light coloured bags such as white or cream, as dye generally stains permanently storage.