With the temperature dropping here in South Africa, couch time is on the rise. Luckily our friends in streaming have our back with all the entertainment we could desire! Here is what is new to Netflix this month.
Stranger Things 4: Volume 2
- The ever-popular Stranger Things caused a commotion with its fourth season’s Volume 1. You can bet that Volume 2 is going to have you right on the edge of your seat! Divided by distance but ever determined, our scattered friends face a frightening future. But it’s only the beginning. The beginning of the end.
- WATCH IT: 1st July
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between
- Grab your teenage daughters for a cosy weekend movie with this new to Netflix romance! Clare and Aidan make a pact to break up before college — no regrets, no broken hearts. But will one epic goodbye date offer them a last chance at love?
- WATCH IT: 6th July
Ranveer vs Wild with Bear Grylls
- This new to Netflix film is something exciting for the whole family to get involved in. Click through this interactive special, helping superstar Ranveer Singh and adventurer Bear Grylls brave the Serbian wilderness to find a rare flower.
- WATCH IT: 8th July
How to Change Your Mind
- Academy Award-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney and New York Times best-selling author Michael Pollan present this new to Netflix limited documentary series. Each part is focused on a different mind-altering substance: LSD, psilocybin, MDMA, and mescaline. Viewers are taken on a journey to the fascinating frontiers of the new psychedelic renaissance. It is one that once again draws attention to explore the potential of these substances to heal and change minds as well as culture.
- This stellar-made series is directed by Emmy-nominated filmmaker Alison Ellwood and two-time Academy Award-nominated and Emmy-winning filmmaker Lucy Walker.
- WATCH IT: 12th July
Kung Fu Panda: The Dragon Knight
- The newest addition to The Kung Fu Panda chain of family entertainment is a fun series. Legendary warrior Po teams up with an elite English knight on a global quest to rescue magical weapons, restore his reputation — and save the world!
- WATCH IT: 14th July
- Love a period drama? Then this Netflix take on Jane Austen’s novel by the same name is just for you! Eight years after Anne Elliot was persuaded not to marry a dashing man of humble origins, they meet again. Will she seize her second chance at true love?
- WATCH IT: 15th July
The Gray Man
- When a shadowy CIA agent uncovers damning agency secrets, he’s hunted across the globe by a sociopathic rogue operative who’s put a bounty on his head. This film has been making quiet the stir around the globe, thanks to its star-studded cast. Among Ryan Gosling, Chris Evans, Regé-Jean Page and Alfre Woodard is Ana de Armas who has just been cast as Madonna in the Queen of Pop’s biopic.
- WATCH IT: 22nd July
Journey to Grace: The Hansie Cronje Story
- A tale close to many local hearts is being put back in focus. This documentary takes a closer look into the life of the famous South African Cricket Captain, Hansie Cronje. An unprecedented rise to glory, followed by the most horrific fall. ‘How do you start over once you have betrayed a nation’s trust?’ it asks.
- WATCH IT: 27th July
Cover image by cottonbro on Pexels.
Have you seen what is hitting TV screens this July?