Bonnie Mbuli, 36, actress, producer, and presenter of SABC 3’s Afternoon Express, shares her tips for ultimate confidence.
- Get to know yourself. It can take a long time, but with just a little effort, you’ll reap the rewards.
- Be yourself. When you’re trying to be someone else, you’re essentially saying you’re not good enough.
- Believe in something greater than you. It doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with religion. It humbles you, and gives you greater perspective and understanding. It also helps you to not sweat the small stuff.
- Keep dreaming. Allow yourself the time to imagine, because that’s where the greatest ideas come from, and it’s how you create. When you stop dreaming, take it as a sign that something’s not okay.
- Give. Paying someone a compliment or a shooting them a smile are the simplest forms of generosity. Giving in every way you can helps you look inward, and opens your eyes to what you have.