Photo by Dave J. Hogan / Getty Images
Our fabulous February cover star, Emilia Fox, best known for her role on TV series Silent Witness, has just wrapped the 22nd season of the series coming out later this year, and has also just finished working on an eight-part thriller, Strangers, also set to air later this year.
In her downtime, Emilia enjoys pottering about in her garden and spending time with her daughter, Rose. We sat down with the graceful, down-to-earth actress to find out more…
5 things you didn’t know about Emilia
- Her first-ever role was in TV’s Pride and Prejudice. She took the role because she was on holiday, and acting sounded far better than waitressing. Plus, her mom was in it!
- She hates ill-mannered people. She recalls rolling her eyes at the old ‘manners maketh man’ saying, but admits it’s true.
- As a young girl, she wanted to be a cellist when she grew up. Her parents were friends with renowned cellist Jacqueline du Pre. Emilia watched the documentary on her and was instantly inspired.
- She would like the poem Cherish by Raymond Carver read at her funeral. It was read by her dad at her wedding, and is her absolute favourite.
- She’s ready to take on new challenges in 2019. She’d like to do something different, like learning to ride a moped or join a rock choir!
To find out more about Emilia, pick up a copy of our February 2019 issue out on shelves now.