All you need with this is a chunk of crusty bread - perfect for a meat-free Monday supper
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 200g )7oz) pearled spelt
- 600ml (1pt) vegetable stock
- 3 large carrots
- 3 small turnips
- 5 parsnips
- a little oil, for roasting
- 2tbsp honey (Manuka would be great)
- 75g (3oz) soft blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6, Rinse the spelt well and place in a saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil them simmer for 20 minutesor until tender. When it’s ready, drain the spelt and place in a serving dish.
- Meanwhile, trim and peel the vegetables, and cuut them into chunks. Toss in around 1tbsp oil, place in a roasting tin, season will and roast for 40 minutes or until nicely browned and tender. Stir in half the honey and mix well with the spelt in the dish. Crumble over the cheese and drizzle over the remaining honey. This is best served warm.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com