So, you’re keen to try out Woman and Home magazine on your tablet, but don’t know where to start? This little summary of Zinio and Magzter, along with the differences between the two, should be the nudge you need to get digital. Zinio:
- This is what business gurus call the industry’s ‘first mover’. They got in early and rose to the top.
- You can download Zinio as a free app for iOS (Apple products, including iPhone and iPad), Android (used on devices like the Samsung Galaxy), Windows and other operating systems. You can download the app from iTunes or the Google Play Store.
- Once you have the app, it’s as simple as searching for your favourite publications by name or topic. You can zap directly to Country Life by clicking here.
- But what if you use a desktop or laptop? Zinio has you covered there too. Just download their reader here.
- What do you get? The technology required to offer an array of interactivity in digital magazines is still in its infancy. For now, you simply get Country Life magazine in digital format. You can ‘page’ through the edition almost exactly the way you do a print magazine, store all your back issues conveniently and even buy back issues.
- We have a great deal with Zinio and Z-Pass to give you three Caxton titles for a discounted rate of R65 a month, PLUS add another title for R21.67 per month: www.zinio.com/CaxtonZPass.
- We’re talking about the new kid on the block. Magzter was founded by two Indian tech entrepreneurs in 2011 and rapidly grew to several million users.
- Magzter is now available on iPad, iPhones, iPod Touch, Android and Windows 8 running devices. You can get the app through the iTunes and the Google Play Store . There are plans to move onto other platforms, including Symbian and BlackBerry.
- Like Zinio, Magzter is available as a free app. You only pay for the magazines you choose to buy.
- You’ll save up to 40% if you subscribe via Magzter.
In short, both Zinio and Magzter offer simple routes to get digital magazines onto your device of choice. Get the app, choose your titles and payment method, and you’re sorted.