This spicy Asian inspired slaw is the perfect pack and go side dish fit for any picnic day and ready in just 25 minutes.
- FUSION SLAW
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 mango, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 5 baby onions, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- CHILLI SESAME DRESSING
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 30 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
PLACE cabbage in one layer on a baking tray, stand for 30 minutes to dry.
LAYER cabbage, carrot, mango, onions, beans, herbs and sesame seeds in a serving bowl or smaller glass jars.
CHILLI SESAME DRESSING
PLACE ingredients in a jar and seal, shake well until sugar dissolves. Season and serve with salad.
TEAM TIP: Drying out the cabbage helps reduce colour bleeding. If you can’t find edamame beans, frozen peas will do just as well.