- 70 g soft butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250 g strawberries, halved
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup elderflower cordial
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Double cream
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Grease the bottom and sides of an oven-safe dish with butter.
3. Place the strawberries in the dish, then place it in a large roasting tin.4 Combine the lime zest, sugar and butter together in a bowl and mix well. Cream together until light. Add the egg yolks, one by one, beating well in between each addition.
5. Mix the lime juice, elderflower cordial and milk in another bowl.
6. Beat the egg whites to form firm peaks, then set aside.
7. Add of the flour and of the elderflower liquid to the creamed butter. Mix until combined. Repeat by adding the remaining flour and liquid in batches until incorporated and the batter is smooth.
8. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter until fully incorporated.
9. Pour the batter into the dish with the strawberries. Add boiling water to the roasting tin (4 cm up the sides of the dish).
10. Place the dish and roasting tray into the oven and bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serve with double cream.
Prep time: 15 min • Cook time: 30 min • Serves: 4
TIP: To make it easier to juice the lemons, roll them against a surface with your palm before you zest or cut them in half. This will help release the juices.
ALSO SEE COCONUT, MANGO & PINEAPPLE PUDDING