In the mood for greens? Try Siba Mtongana’s sauteed greens with rocket and feta recipe!
- 200g fine green beans, topped
- 200g broccolini stems
- 200g asparagus tips
- 200g snow peas
- 240g fresh peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed red chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 100–200 g plain or herbed feta, to serve 250 g baby rocket, thoroughly washed, to serve
1. Bring water to the boil in a large pot. Place a colander over it to make a steamer and steam the green vegetables for 3 minutes with the lid on. Remove and set aside.
2. In a large frying pan, heat the oil and butter, and sauté the garlic and ginger for a minute. Add the chilli flakes and steamed vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes. Then season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with crumbled feta and rocket.
‘To shake things up a bit, I add roasted butternut and mixed bell peppers and use Gorgonzola cheese instead of the feta.’ -Siba Mtongana
ALSO SEE SIBA MTONGANA’S MALVA PUDDING RECIPE