In the mood for this prawn, pea & broad bean frittata? You can also turn this frittata into a quiche by first lining your flan tin with shortcrust pastry. Then blind-bake it for 10–15 minutes, and continue with the filling as below.
- 1⁄2 cup parsley,
- stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup dill sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup tarragon
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 baby marrows,
- halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups frozen broad beans, thawed
- 500 g cooked medium prawns
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Lightly grease a 20 cm round fluted flan tin.
2. Coarsely chop half of the herbs and place in a bowl. Combine the remaining herbs in another bowl.
3. Whisk the chopped herbs, eggs, buttermilk and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season to taste.
4. Add the baby marrow, spring onion, garlic, peas and 21⁄4 cups broad beans to the egg mixture.
5. Shell and devein most of the prawns. Leave 6 prawns with the tails intact, and set aside.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the flan tin and top with the prawns.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until the centre is firm.
8. Top the frittata with the remaining broad beans, remaining herbs, snow peas, reserved prawns and ricotta.
Serve with lemon wedges!
ALSO SEE PORT-SMOKED FILLET RECIPE