This light Pappardelle with ricotta, pepper & cavolo nero pasta is fresh and creamy and utterly delicious.
Pappardelle with Ricotta, Pepper & Cavolo Nero Recipe:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 large red peppers, thinly sliced 1⁄4 cup water
- 200 grams cavolo nero, trimmed, coarsely shredded
- 375 grams pappardelle pasta
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives 400 grams ricotta
- 1⁄2 cup firm ricotta, extra
HEAT the oil in a large pot over medium- high heat. Cook the garlic and chilli, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. ADD in the peppers and water and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
ADD cavolo nero and simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the cavolo nero is tender.
MEANWHILE, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for about 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
ADD pasta and chives to the pepper mixture. Break ricotta into large pieces and add to the pot, tossing gently to combine. Season to taste.
CRUMBLE the extra ricotta over the pasta to serve. If you like, sprinkle with extra chilli flakes and drizzle over a little extra olive oil before serving.