We’ve teamed up with Healthy Girl with a Sweet Tooth to bring you this delicious Pumpkin Smoothie Bowl Recipe!
*1 cup /250g Pumpkin (steamed and frozen)
*½ Banana (Frozen)
*½ Tbsp. Honey
*1 Tbsp. Almond Butter
*½-1 cup Almond Milk (or good quality milk/liquid alternative of your choice)
*¼ tsp. Vanilla Extract
*½ tsp. Cinnamon
*¼ tsp. Nutmeg
*⅛ tsp. All Spice
*Optional: For a Pumpkin Spiced Latte flavor, add 2 cold brew ice cubes, 1 tsp. instant coffee granules or 1 Tbsp. of a shot of espresso
*Pecan Nut pieces
*Raw Cacao Nibs
This smoothie bowl requires a little bit of prep the day/night before but its quick and easy to do.
Prep the day before:
1. Steam your pumpkin pieces in a pot with a little bit of water until you can pierce a fork through it.
2. Allow to cool before packing into a container and storing it in the freezer.
3. Cut a ripe banana into pieces, place in a container and sore in the freezer.
* Tip: It’s always a great idea to have bananas already frozen in the freezer ready and waiting for you to make a quick and easy smoothie bowl.
Making your smoothie bowl:
1. Put all your ingredients into a blender or Nutri-bullet and blend all together until smooth. It should be a nice thick ice-cream consistency.
*Tip: if you are finding it hard to blend the frozen ingredients or it seems too thick for your liking just keep adding in more Almond milk in small measures until it’s to your desired consistency.
Decorate with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Alternative version: Rich and Decadent
If you are feeling for more of a deep, rich and decadent spicy pumpkin smoothie bowl try out this alternative where you roast the pumpkin with all the spices beforehand and then freeze like instructed above.
Prep the day/night before:
*Preheat your oven to 180°
1. Put your pumpkin pieces in a mixing bowl, sprinkle about a pinch of each spice over the pumpkin and drizzle some coconut oil or olive oil over the top.
2. Mix it all up together and place in a flat roasting pan.
3. Roast in the oven until soft and starting to caramelize on the top.
4. Allow to cool before placing in a container and freezing.
5. Cut up a ripe banana, place in a container and freeze with the pumpkin.
Making your smoothie bowl:
- Put all your ingredients (including the full measurements of each spice) into a blender or Nutri-bullet and blend until smooth. It should be a nice thick ice-cream consistency.
- Decorate with the toppings of your choice.
YOU COULD WIN!
Healthy Girl is giving away an amazing hamper that will include a set of three HG therabands, 30-minute consultation with Healthy Girl and HG Foods to the value of R1500!
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Look out for the Healthy Girl post on our Instagram page (Post will be posted anytime around the 21 May – 25 May)
2. Like and comment on the W&H X Healthy Girl Foods post: Tell us what you’re favourite Healthy Girl snack!
3. Follow Healthy Girl Foods & Healthy Girl on Instagram: Healthy Girl foods (click!) & Healthy Girl (click!)
4. Use the hashtag: #healthygirl & #healthygirlfoods
Disclaimer: Competition runs until 30 June 2021 | Ts&Cs apply | Location: SA
[Writer & Recipe Creator: Healthy Girl]