Use this delicious granola bar recipe to make a handy mid-morning snack or after-lunch treat.
ALSO SEE: How To Make Overnight Oats
- 75g butter/margarine
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g demerara sugar
- 75ml orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 150g jumbo oats
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 200g mixed fruit, nuts & seeds (this can be bought as a pack or use a mix of whatever you have)
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Grease a 30x20cm tin with a little butter.
- Place the butter, golden syrup, demerara sugar, and orange juice in a pan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
- Combine the oats, desiccated coconut, and mixed fruit, nuts & seeds. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for 5-10 mins then while still warm cut into 10 bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Top Tip For Making Granola Bars: These are good enough to cut into squares and eat as an afternoon treat.