This DIY Hazelnut Spread is so tatsy – you’ll soon be eating it by the spoonful!
- 3½ cups raw unsalted hazelnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate, melted
1. PREHEAT oven to 180℃.
2. ROAST hazelnuts on a baking tray for 10 minutes, until golden and fragrant, shaking halfway so that they toast evenly. If the hazelnuts still have their skins on, empty them onto a tea towel and fold the corners up to create a pouch. Shake and rub the towel to remove the skins from the nuts.
3. BLEND hazelnuts in a high-powered blender or food processor until they resemble a smooth paste, about 8-10 minutes. Stop the blender and scrape it down every minute or so. Allow everything to blend smoothly.
4. ADD vanilla and salt to the hazelnut paste and blend again. While the blender is running add the melted chocolate in a slow steady stream and continue blending until smooth. Spoon into a sterilised jar and seal.
TIP: You can try this spread with any of your favourite nuts!