Our pick of the best products to keep your crowning glory in tip-top shape.
1. WELL-CONDITIONED: Mizani Cream Cleansing Conditioner
When it comes to curls, a light-weight conditioner that moisturises without weighing down is worth its weight in gold.
2. PROTECT AND PERFECT: OGX Coconut Miracle Oil Extra Strength Mask
Curly hair can be fragile, so show some love with a deep conditioning treatment mask that restores the cuticle.
3. CREAMY CUSTARD: Aunt Jackie’s Curl La La Defining Curl Custard
This custard tames frizz, adds shine and is ultra light- weight on tight coils or waves.
4. SKIP THE SULPHATES: SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Shampoo
Sulphates can remove the natural oils from hair and since curly hair can be dry anyway, it’s best to go sulphate-free with your shampoo.
5. OIL & WATER: Cantu Tea Tree & Jojoba Hair & Scalp Oil
is a combination of some of the best hair oils. Along with hydration, oil is what thirsty curls need. It also works wonders on the scalp – which helps to prevent breakage and encourages growth.
6. ON THE EDGE: Boity Empress Smoothing Edge Control Gel
Start your haircare routine at the roots with a product that not only tames edges, but also nourishes (with black seed oil) and strengthens, leading to good hair growth.
7. FRIZZ FREE: Biosense The ultimate 12-in1 Leave-in Treatment
When hair lacks moisture, it absorbs it from the air, so by keeping hair well-hydrated, you can minimise frizz.
8. SCALP SOS: Tangle Teezer The Original Styler, Panther Black
The award-winning brush detangles painlessly, preventing breakage and split ends.
9. HIGH DEFINITION: HASK Curl Defining Cream
This lightweight, humidity-proof formula works to enhance your natural curl pattern, leaving curls soft and defined. The miracle blend of coconut oil, argan oil & vitamin E helps to seal-in moisture and shine for a smooth finish.
ALSO SEE: DIY COCONUT OIL & HONEY HAIR MASK