Apple and cinnamon is a classic flavour combination. This cake is really simple to make, with all the cake ingredients being combined in just one bowl. It takes over an hour in the oven, but will fill your home with the most incredible smell whilst baking.
ALSO TRY: Apple And Banana Bread Recipe
- 175g butter, softened
- 175g light muscovado sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 275g self-raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 3-4 eating apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2tbsp warmed, sieved apricot jam
- 1tsp demerara sugar
- You Will Need:
- A 20cm round cake tin, the base lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 190C. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little flour if the mixture curdles. Fold in the flour and cinnamon. Spread into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the apples on top of the cake mixture. Bake for 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins or until a skewer comes out clean (if necessary, cover the cake with baking parchment and return to the oven for a further 10 mins or until cooked). Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 mins. Brush the apples with apricot glaze and sprinkle with demerara sugar just before serving.