Stuck at your desk all day? Beat the sedentary effects of a desk job with these easy-to-do stretches while you work.
Sitting at a desk for hours can cause you to neglect the health of your back and shoulder muscles. Resist the urge to slouch with this helpful little stretch.
• Sit up straight.
• Drop your shoulders, lengthen your collarbone and squeeze your shoulder blades together, while keeping your core tight.
• Let your lower shoulder blades guide the movement and exhale as you squeeze them together.
• Repeat 10 times.
Look up from your computer screen and give your neck some much-needed relief.
• While sitting, imagine your chin is resting on a flat surface. Make sure not to tip your head up or down.
• Slide your head backwards while keeping your back straight, so your ears are positioned directly above your shoulders. You’ll feel the muscles in your neck and upper back working.
• Without jutting your chin out, slowly return to the start and repeat 15 times.
Beat bad posture and prevent back pain with this smart manoeuvre.
• Sit up straight in your chair, take a deep breath and exhale as you twist to one side from the bottom of your spine.
• Use your opposite hand to grab on to your armrest. No armrest? Place your hand on your hip. Hold this position for three seconds.
• Return to the starting position and twist around to the other side. Repeat five times on either side.