Zola Nene's Blueberry-ripple Baked CheesecakePrint This
- 350 g ginger biscuits
- 80 g butter, melted
- 800 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 200 g sour cream, at room temperature
- 180 g castor sugar
- 4 large eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 100 g fresh or frozen blueberries, puréed
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor until fine.
- Mix in the butter and then press the mixture over the base of a 20-cm round spring form cake tin (not up the sides).
- Refrigerate the base while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 120 °C.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs and lemon zest until smooth.
- Transfer 60 ml (a quarter of a cup) of the batter to a separate bowl and mix in the blueberry purée.
- Carefully pour the plain batter onto the biscuit base, then swirl the blueberry batter over the top and use a knife or skewer to incorporate the blueberry batter into the cheesecake to create a ripple effect.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the cheesecake is set and the middle is still slightly wobbly.
- Turn off the oven, open the door slightly and leave the cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven until it reaches room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before unmoulding, slicing and serving.
Extracted from Simply Delicious by Zola Nene (Struik Lifestyle). Photographs: © Penguin Random House South Africa (Pty) Ltd / Dawie Verwey
Follow Zola Nene on Facebook